How Long Does An SSD Decision Take?
- Typically, you will not know the SSD Decision on the Day of the Hearing
- It will usually take 1-3 months after your Disability Hearing for a Written Decision to be issued
- If you are granted Disability Benefits, it will generally take 4-6 weeks for you to receive your First Monthly Installment
- Back pay can take 4-6 months to process because there may be Offset or Garnishment Issues
- You should immediately respond to any Letters or Phone Calls from the Social Security Office