What is an Unsuccessful Work Attempt or UWA?
- This is an attempt to work while your Social Security Disability is pending
- It is encouraged to see if you are capable of working the job for at least three months, or more
- If you hold a job for less than three months, while your Social Security Disability is pending, it will not be held against you
- This may actually help you at your hearing because it shows the Judge that you want to work, but are not able to because of your Disability
- If you are capable of working for more than three months, it may jeopardize your ability to receive Social Security Benefits